Marketing Assistant – Scribe Publishing Company
The Marketing Assistant will report to Mel Corrigan, Business and Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Assistant will support the Marketing Manager’s activities related to the release of two upcoming titles by Scribe Publishing Company, and help execute PR and marketing tactics to support ongoing sales of previous releases. This six-month contract position will be completed remotely using email, phone and video conferencing. The position will be paid as an independent contractor. This contract will take place December 2020 – May 2021, or approximately 26 weeks, for a total range of 130-260 hours (averaging 5-10 hours per week) at $14 per hour. Contractor is expected to track time and consult with Mel Corrigan on time management, workload and priorities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with Marketing Manager on marketing activities around new releases and backlist
- Update and expand media lists; compile targeted list of bloggers and podcasters to pitch books/authors to
- Weekly or bi-weekly phone or video-call check in with Marketing Manager for support and feedback
- Pitch titles to media, reviewers and influencers per marketing plans, using provided copy and guidelines. The ideal candidate will be able to close the loop between ideation and media coverage with good communication skills and professional outreach (Scribe email address will be provided).
- Contact BookTubers and other social media influencers
- Follow up to compile any links of coverage or other content ideas to be posted on social media
- Prepare mailing address database for other staff to execute physical book mailing, if necessary
- Attention to detail
- Prior book marketing experience or experience engaging with media is a plus but not required
- Willingness to execute marketing plans as written
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe products, and a home computer station and internet
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Video interviews to be scheduled by mid-November.